2024 CAMP BOOKINGS NOW OPEN
Frequently Asked Questions
This page is designed to provide all necessary and useful information for parents and guardians; from the timings of a typical day to our booking terms and conditions. Here you will find essential information, downloadable form’s and the answer to any frequently asked questions.
What age does my child need to be to attend camp?Tom Swainston
Each project varies, please see below age ranges:
- Please note that we cannot accept any children under the age of 5 years old.
- The Cricket Academy - Lets Play Cricket: 5-14
- The Cricket Academy – Development Centre: 10-14
- Multi Activity Camps: 5-14
- Netball Fever: 7-14
- Ultimate Lacrosse Experience: 7-14
- Freestyle Soccer Camp: 5-14
- Triathlon Masterclass: 5-14
- The Cooking Club: 7-14
Do you accept childcare vouchers?Tom Swainston
Yes, you can use childcare vouchers as full or part payment. Click here to view all registered childcare providers and the relevant information. If your provider is not listed, please call our customer support team on 0121 227 4385 who can register them.
What happens after I have made a booking?Tom Swainston
After you have made your booking, you will receive an email confirmation with your booking details. Please check your confirmation to ensure all details are correct. Approximately one week prior to camp, you will receive a pre camp email with all the information you will require specific to the camp.
What do I do if I need to make changes to my booking?Tom Swainston
Can I book now and pay later?Tom Swainston
Yes, if you are paying with Childcare vouchers, you provisionally book your camp and pay within 14 days of receiving your booking confirmation.
My child has a specific medical condition and/or takes regular medication, do I need to tell you?Tom Swainston
It is extremely important that we are made aware of any specific medical condition and/or medication that needs to be taken during camp. Please ensure you provide this information during the booking process and completing the child information form which can be found here.
What should I bring to camp?Tom Swainston
- Your child should wear appropriate clothing for physical activities
- Ideally every child should have 2 pairs of sports shoes, a non-marking* pair for indoors and a secondary pair to wear outdoors. * This is mandatory at some venues due to their sports hall regulations.
- Your child is welcome to bring their own sports equipment to a sports specific camp.
- For sunny days, please provide a cap and sun cream. Please apply sun cream prior to your arrival.
- For rainy days, please provide a rain jacket. A change of clothes and a towel is recommended too.
- A healthy and balanced packed lunch plus additional snacks for breaks and a refillable water bottle. Please note, we operate nut free camps.
- Your child may bring valuables to camp (money, mobile phones, electronic equipment) but this is at their own risk. Activate Camps do not accept any responsibility for theft, loss, or damage.
- All mobile phones need to be stored away during camp hours.
What equipment should my child bring to their camp?Tom Swainston
- All Sports Camps - Please ensure your child is wearing suitable sports clothing and footwear for their camp. All children should bring along a hat, refillable water bottle and packed lunch (including snacks). We also recommend a change of clothes and/or towel as we will still be outside in safe wet weather scenarios.
- The Cricket Academy – Feel free to bring along your own cricket equipment should you have it. If not, don’t worry we will provide all necessary equipment on camp. Your child can wear any suitable clothing, they do not have to wear whites.
- Let's Play Football – Children MUST bring shin pads* to wear during all game related sessions. Every child must bring suitable footwear for both indoors and outdoors. *We do not have spare shin pads on camp. It is recommended that your child wears studded boots, especially in wet weather.
- Let’s Play Hockey – Feel free to bring along your own hockey stick should you have it. If not, don’t worry we will provide a hockey stick to borrow on camp. Your child MUST always wear a gum shield and shin pads during hockey activities. LPH camps have gum shields and shin pads available to purchase on site.
- Ultimate Lacrosse Experience – Feel free to bring along your own lacrosse stick should you have it. If not, don’t worry we will provide a lacrosse stick to borrow on camp. Your child MUST always wear a gum shield on camp during lacrosse activities. If your child wears glasses, goggles must be worn. ULE camps have gum shields available to purchase on site. We do not stock goggles. It is recommended that your child wears studded boots, especially in wet weather.
- Netball Fever – No protective wear is required however all jewellery must be removed or taped up.
- Let's Cook – All ingredients and cooking equipment are provided at the venue. Please bring along suitable containers to take home your culinary creations.
- Multi Activity Camp – Your child is not expected to bring anything additional on this project.
What time does the camp start and finish?Tom Swainston
Our standard camp hours are 9.30am to 4.30pm. Morning sessions are 9.30am-12.30pm. Afternoon sessions are 1.30pm-4.30pm.