for children aged 7-16
Inspiring a new generation of hockey players!
9.30am-4.30pm with optional extended hours from 8.30am-5.30pm
Grays Hockey Masterclass Typical Day
|8.30 - 9.30am||Extra Time Club (DVD/Arts & Crafts)|
|Grays HMC Energiser|
|Session 1||Stick Skills|
|Drinks break and quiz|
|Session 2||Moving the ball - gate passing|
|Session 3||Moving the ball - diamond relays and speed slaloms|
|Lunch and Star Player fact finding|
|Session 4||Exploring the world of hockey|
|Drinks break and Quiz|
|Session 5||Defending play, tackling and channelling|
|Session 6||Small sided games, king ball and 4 vs 2s|
|4.30 - 5.30pm||Extra Time Club (DVD/Arts & Crafts)|
Hockey Masterclass Coaching Programme
The Grays Hockey Masterclass offers 7-16 year olds the chance to develop and build on the variety of skills that will help them to enjoy our great game of hockey.
Our Coaching Programme was devised by GB bronze medallist at London 2012, Crista Cullen, and has been built on by some of the top coaches in the country to ensure that we deliver cutting edge and quality coaching advice.
This is done though a carefully planned week designed around game based learning and technical skill sessions. Game based learning allows players of all ages and abilities to enjoy games and then work on improving areas of weakness and building areas of strength. Each of our programmes include sessions to help develop:
- Coordination, speed, agility, footwork patterns and flexibility.
- Technical development of skills appropriate for the level of the player.
- Tactical understanding of options and positioning.
- Focussed sessions on set peice play (penalty corner routines)
We understand that to develop children holistically they cannot play hockey for 8 hours a day. We enhance our programme with additional education in the following areas as part of each Masterclass:
- Creative writing and research (based around the star visitor and hockey in general)
- Leadership, Communication and problem solving.
- Creative hockey arts and crafts (where possible and within workbooks)
- Maths within hockey including scoring
- Diet and Nutrition (10 years and above)